Monday, April 16, 2007

Finally: JOB=HAPPINESS

At first I was a host, and it was boring; then for a while I was the assistant-manager of a cool little bar in downtown, and it was ok. But naturally the universe decided to right itself and make me hate my job again, as I was moved to the breakfast shift (read up before 5AM, six days a week), and that SUCKED. Any of you that know me, know that I am not a morning person; for me "too early" is almost any time before 2 in the afternoon (well, depending on what I have to do). So the horrible pay, incredibly long hours, complete lack of respect from both my staff and fellow management, and inability to get anything past beaurocracy finally caught up with me and I told my boss "no mas." I am now a server, bartender, and barback and I am soooooo much happier. If you're in downtown Portland and feel like Thai food, you should come in, and tip well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home